Flood Insurance in Lakewood, Washington
Many Americans are still unaware that flood damage is not covered by their homeowner’s insurance policy. Others are in denial about the serious flood risks to which they are exposed. When considering whether or not you should purchase a flood insurance policy, take this into consideration:
- Floods are the nation’s #1 natural disaster.*
- Anyone can be financially vulnerable to floods. People outside of high-risk areas file over 20% of NFIP (National Flood Insurance Program) claims and receive one-third of disaster assistance for flooding.*
- In high-risk (SFHAs) areas, conservative estimates show that only one-third to one-half of residents have flood insurance. In these areas there is a 26% chance of flooding over a 30 year period, while there is about only a 10% chance for a fire.*
- For a number of flood disasters in the past few years, only 10 to 20% of the victims in SFHAs had flood insurance coverage. The remaining 80 to 90% had to rely on taxpayer-funded Federal disaster assistance, low-interest loans, tax write-offs or savings to help them recover.*
*Information from floodsmart.gov
Flood insurance will protect you in two ways:
- Building Coverage: Protects the insured property and its foundation, electrical system, plumbing, central air, appliances, permanently attached carpet and other flooring and more.
- Contents Coverage: Covers the insured’s clothing, furniture, electronics, window coverings, portable appliances, rugs and more.
To get answers about flood insurance, contact Insurance Unlimited Inc. and ask to speak with a flood specialist today. (253) 584-2608